Thursday, April 08, 2010

Domine Jesu

Last week the Hazel Green United Methodist Chancel Choir performed my composition, Domine Jesu. This is my first sacred classical work with a Latin text derived from the Jesus Prayer, a prayer of humility and a plea for forgiveness. At that service, our Choir Director's daughter, Hannah Williams performed Gabriel's Oboe by Ennio Morricone. That performance is included in the video below.

My deep appreciation and thanks to the Chancel Choir, our director, Gwyn Williams, our organist, Barry Sublett and my friend Terry Cornett, percussionist for their beautiful work on this most somber hymm.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm impressed Len. You clearly do more than 'muck about with music'.

Sombre, yes, soothing too.

regards DaveP

Len Bullard said...

Thanks Dave. When the choir becomes the band, I write for the choir. ;)

Comment Policy

If you don't sign it, I won't post it. To quote an ancient source: "All your private property is target for your enemy. And your enemy is me."