Monday, February 09, 2009

Congratulations to T-Bone Burnett

Congratulations to T-Bone Burnett, Allison Krause and Robert Plant who won five Grammys last night with their Raising Sand group. T-Bone is the wise old regular on Jon Taplin's blog, but a veteran survivor of a long career in music. While the DJs will make much of Plant and Krause, the genius is the long-haired blonde fellow on the guitar with the mensch smile. If you don't know who he is, go to your favorite search engine and find out. If you do, go to YouTube and enjoy!

Way to go, T! Of course, this IS what the web and YouTube are good for.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh man! That is just awesome on so many levels. I mean, T-Bone is one of my favorite commenters over on Tap's blog. My feelings for Robert Plant...well, let's just say I've been a fan of Led Zeppelin pretty much since I started seriously listening to music and the rest isn't fit for a family blog. Allison Krause...heck, I wrote my own blog post about her...the short version is that I think she (and her band) are too talented to be mere mortals and are aliens beamed here from the all music all the time planet. Yay! yay! yay! It's so great to see the good guys win one.

Anonymous said...

I want to have Alison Krause's baby

Len Bullard said...

I think Ken Ballweg had it right, Amber: T-Bone is Dr Strangelove 2009. He is at the center of a surreal universe.

@rob: I want to have her bank account.

Comment Policy

If you don't sign it, I won't post it. To quote an ancient source: "All your private property is target for your enemy. And your enemy is me."